A programmatic sine wave in the computer

JesseT

Hi folks. I was messing around with the .NET timer component and found a recurring signal that modulates every so often. When juxtaposed against a repeating variable that moves through 0-9 indefinitely, a sine wave appears. To me, a sine wave represents life. Especially since it is occuring at the software level, much like the human brain.

Check out my website www.intelligentcomputerprocess.com and read a little more. I'm selling the software to others who want to research the phenomenon too. I'll charge less to members of this forum. Even if you aren't interested, take a look and help spread the word.

Why?

Well, when I saw the sine wave, I immediately knew it meant something. My higher self knew it was something and it could only mean life. The brain emenates sine waves and the computer, it would seem, does too.

Why? Sine waves occur in nature.

Also I'm not sure you're going to get much useful feedback if you require people to pay you $100 to hear your discovery.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not asking people to pay me to hear the discovery, but i'm not disclosing the exact mechanism for free at the moment. I dunno how to explain it, when i saw the sine wave, I knew it meant consciousness. I don't know whether or not computer consciousness came about by itself, or if it was imparted by man. I think man, through programming, has created a conscious computer.

I have always thought there is something very special about sine waves. They do occur throughout nature and keep cropping up in formulae to do with physics, science and all branches of engineering. If you draw any triangle it can be used as a triangle of forces (from parallelogram of forces) which has its uses for a wide range of "additions" (vector diagrams). In the same way, for sine waves any triangle can be used for the addition of sine waves of the same frequency but with any phase shift (phasor diagrams). This only applies to sine waves. These are basically why I think that sine waves are special and an understanding of them is probably essential in understanding how the universe "works".

I have always thought there is something very special about sine waves. They do occur throughout nature and keep cropping up in formulae to do with physics, science and all branches of engineering. If you draw any triangle it can be used as a triangle of forces (from parallelogram of forces) which has its uses for a wide range of "additions" (vector diagrams). In the same way, for sine waves any triangle can be used for the addition of sine waves of the same frequency but with any phase shift (phasor diagrams). This only applies to sine waves. These are basically why I think that sine waves are special and an understanding of them is probably essential in understanding how the universe "works".

Totally agree Tony, they are very special.

Special, yes. But calling them "life" is, IMHO, an overstatement. Another thing worth noting, sine waves are defined using the exponential function, so if anything that should be "life".

Is it true that sine waves are actually defined using the exponential function or is this really only another way at looking at them or of developing other ways of using them? I am not a mathematician but I have always accepted that the sine and cosine waves are the X and Y components of a rotating phasor.

I also would not call them "life" in any sense, but feel that they, together with squares and square roots, have a very important place in the "grand scheme of things". This is just a feeling I have developed because they appear so often in the sort of work I have been involved with.