ENGINEERING

wisetech

what is system engineering all about.

what is electrical engineering and mechanical engineering?

how useful are they and also the job opportunity .

because i have a computer background

i have CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, AND RHCE certifications.

i want to do engineering. i need some advice

You can do almost anything in engineering but if your area is computers area electrical engineering and mechanical engineering are a very god choice for you!

In electrical engineering you use electric and electronic components to develop and/or improve systems (anything from industrial machinery to product develoment), usualy there's programing involved.

Mechanical engineering is using mechanical components, fisics and some math to make/improve/control systems (ANYTHING!!). Normaly there's at the least an intruduction to electrical, quemical and other types of engineering in mechanical engineering.

If you put the 2 of them and your computers skills together you have automatic/semi-automatic systems engineering! This is developement/improvement of automatic/semi-automatic systems trough the use of mechanical, eletric and eletronic solutions.

i want to do engineering.

With all due respect, what do you mean that you "want to do engineering" if you don't know what engineering is? Maybe some examples from you would demonstrate what your intentions.

how useful are they and also the job opportunity .

because i have a computer background

i have CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, AND RHCE certifications.

i want to do engineering. i need some advice

Electrical engineering includes, electronic devices, electronic circuit design, fields and waves (including antenna design), communication and information theory, control theory, optical circuits, electrical machinery, power distribution, etc.

Mechanical engineering includes, classical dynamics, structural analysis (including finite element methods), fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, design of mechanisms, composite materials design & analysis, heat transfer, etc

Systems engineering can be many things and is not well-defined. In some circumstances it involves logistics and requirements tracking. In many aerospace circumstances it is interdisciplinary and involves the definition and allocation to subsystems of requirements for complex products, and management of the technical development of the product. In other circumstances it is a highly mathematical outgrowth of modern control theory, abstract computer science and information theory.

Thanks guys

i will check out for Mechanical or electrical engineering.

Well , a personal experience. Among all the exams i have ever sat for. RHCE was one of the most difficult. A 5 hour exams based on fixing a broken Linux Red hat system.