Learning General Relativity

Schrödinger's hat

Hi all,

I'm about to start learning general rel.

I learn best when I have someone to bounce ideas off of, or help explain things to. Someone who is struggling would be great as I find that gives me a lot more motivation to get ahead of the material (although if you're already in a class it may take me a month or so to catch up).

Is anyone else currently learning, about to learn, or interested in learning GR?

I don't mind helping someone catch up a little bit if they lack some of the pre-req knowledge that I have. Reviewing some topics would help me too.Although, I don't think I'd have enough time to help if you aren't fairly comfortable with vector calculus, special rel and linear algebra.

I'm kind of shaky when it comes to differential geometry etc. and missing a largish chunk of knowledge when it comes to analysis, so will be going through them first/during.

Anyone at a roughly similar knowledge level and game to learn with me?

It is important to be aware of the significance of the differences internationally in definitions of learning disabilities. Moderate learning difficulties in the UK are broadly comparable with moderate to mild intellectual disabilities, mild mental retardation or educable mentally retarded and mild general learning disabilities in Ireland.

It is important to be aware of the significance of the differences internationally in definitions of learning disabilities. Moderate learning difficulties in the UK are broadly comparable with moderate to mild intellectual disabilities, mild mental retardation or educable mentally retarded and mild general learning disabilities in Ireland.

While this may be important, I don't really see how this is relevant. Regardless of any disability, ability, knowledge, skill or ignorance: Either I will be able to help/be helped by and communicate with someone or not.

If they lack knowledge that I have, I will either be have sufficient and correct skills to teach them, or not. I wish to deal with one, or a few individuals, any labels which they or others apply to themselves are irrelevant until they provide information which helps us communicate.