Hypomania

Guest ikkyusan01

Guest ikkyusan01

1Good afternoon, Good morning and Good night :)

This is my virgin post on SFN.

I am a 30 year old Australian male.

I have allowed myself to be disgnosed with Hypomania within the last 9 months here in Australia.

I initially diagnosed myself as Manic when travelling and working throughout Asia in 2001/02.

While having displayed, and continuing to display nearly all of the characteristics of Hypomania, I in no way feel that it is all I am, can be, nor have I ever been happy with the fact that human nature inevitably always has to console it's collective 'unknowing', with the continual driven neccessity to pidgeon-hole, categorise and classify people, objects and things into stringent, definitive and easily indentifiable rationale's.

I find it pathetic, degrading, and undeniably, man kinds greatest flaw.

It is not my Hypomania that I seek counsel on however.

I would like to ask for opinions on my natural immunity to Hepatitis C. When I was younger, I was indeed very irresponsible and extremely sexually active. I used to frequently have blood tests done (every 6 months) to niavely console myself that I was at least being a little socially responsible. One G.P declared when I was 18 that my antibodies for Hep. C where abnormally high and questioned me if I had recently been immunised for Hep. C, being the only reasoning he could think of to explain such a high Hep. C antibody count. I could not think of when I was immunised, and declared that I must of been and couldn't remember. The Doc pointed out that I would remember the series of two shots and went on to explain that I was indeed a lucky boy and guesstimated the odds of such a case where a million-to-one.

Over the years since then I have been for many other blood tests and the case still remains the same.

My Mother is a retired Director of Nursing of 30+ years, and when I suggested to her, after reading recent articles regarding Hep. C's epidemic levels, that I possibly look at further researching my immunity, she was and is rather non-plus about it, not to mention skeptical.

So, having only recently become aware of this forum, I unashamedly ask for the Forum's comment and suggestions as to what action, if any, I should or could take.

Should I just consider myself lucky? Or what, if anything could I possibly do to help research within the field of Hep.C?

I'm looking forward to your comments, suggestions and advise.

Sincerely yours,

ikkyusan.

Well I'm no immunologist, but I'll offer what I can. First of all, you couldn't have gotten the antibodies from a hepatitis C vaccine, because there is no vaccine for hep. C. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/c/fact.htm (go down and look at "prevention".

Second of all, the presence of antibodies towards hep. C usually means that you ARE infected. In fact, a diagnosis of hep. is based primarily on the presence of antibodies. If you indeed tested positive for hep. c antibodies, this is generally considered a "positive" test for the disease. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/c/faq.htm#2a (scroll down to "what blood tests are available to check for hepatitis C".)

Lastly a general statement. The presences of antibodies towards a given bacteria/virus doesn't necessarily mean you are immune to the disease. Besides hep. c, another example is HIV/AIDS. Patients who have the disease display the antibodies, but since they are inected, they obviously are not immune to the disease.

There are other types of hepatitis (e.g. hepatitis A and B). Maybe you are displaying antibodies to these other types?? Good luck!