Computer Sceince degree

wisetech

I left high school about 3 years back i did

Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA)

Cisco Certified Network Professional ( CCNP)

Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)

LINUX Red Hat Certified ENGINEER (RHCE)

I wish to obtain a degree in computer science , please i need some advice. Also what advantage will i have , added to what i already have.

Thanks for your comments

What do you need advice about? FAFSA? Admissions? Coursework involved?

You have a lot of computer experience. I doubt the CS courses will challenge you until you reach the 300 or 400 level courses.

Thanks very much for your reply. I am looking for a scholarship to apply for in Canada or in the USA. Presently i am in Germany, but i am from Cameroon. Please can you give me information on scholarships i can apply for?

Well I live in the US, so I'm not too familiar with anything Canadian. Except Canadian Bacon.

But this is the most promising result that came up from a quick google search. I'm not sure if Canada offers as much government assistance as the US does. My entire schooling is paid through various grants and exceedingly low-interest loans. Maybe you can find out how it works up there.

Well I live in the US, so I'm not too familiar with anything Canadian. Except Canadian Bacon.

But this is the most promising result that came up from a quick google search. I'm not sure if Canada offers as much government assistance as the US does. My entire schooling is paid through various grants and exceedingly low-interest loans. Maybe you can find out how it works up there.

I had thought about the USA but i did not have enough information. I have a lot of friends there in universities but actually i did not really know it was so. I will really like to know how it works, please tell me. i wish to start this year , either in the summer period or after. Thanks for your reply i n advance.

There are few professions in the modern workplace that offer more rewarding opportunities than computer science. This field encompasses a wide variety of occupations, from entry-level programmer to Chief Information Officer and demand is strong for qualified professionals at every level. Whatever your level of experience and interest, a degree in Computer Science can open all the right doors. From here http://www.thedegree...science-degrees you may get information along with a list of computer science degrees.

I think computer science is more of programming.

Also i will not prefer an online degree, campus will be better for me.

I am still looking for Universities to apply. I will still check the site you sent to me. If you have any information i will be happy to know.Thanks

Thanks for your reply , if i have any question again i will contact you.

Edited by wisetech

I had thought about the USA but i did not have enough information. I have a lot of friends there in universities but actually i did not really know it was so. I will really like to know how it works, please tell me. i wish to start this year , either in the summer period or after. Thanks for your reply i n advance.

How what works? International-student applications? Aid? I'm not even sure if people who aren't citizens can receive Federal Aid. I'll have to check up on that.

What state were you thinking about?

How what works? International-student applications? Aid? I'm not even sure if people who aren't citizens can receive Federal Aid. I'll have to check up on that.

What state were you thinking about?

YA , AM ASKING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AID

I AM THINKING OF ANY STATES WHICH CAN BE ADVANTAGEOUS TO ME AS AN INTERNATIONALS STUDENT.

Edited by wisetech

A list of amazing schools.

Of course, these schools are almost all impossibly hard to get into. But if you think you can, go for it.

YA , AM ASKING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AID

I AM THINKING OF ANY STATES WHICH CAN BE ADVANTAGEOUS TO ME AS AN INTERNATIONALS STUDENT.

No need to shout. I can't help you with international-student things. I'm wholly unfamiliar with them.

• 2 months later...

A Computer Science degree will provide you more well-rounded education rather than focusing on specific technologies. A degree will also help you move ahead in your career because most employers will look for college grads to fill important positions. If you want more details about the coursework, you can browse through the Computer Science degree at CollegeAmerica. The college offers many student support services like financial planning, employment assistance, etc. that you may find helpful!

@ withem,

thanks you very much.

I just found a degree program in Germany which is just 250euro per semester. we have 7 semester and 5 semesters are in english. 2 semester are in German

I will do the 5 semester and then apply for a transfer to any us university for complete. Is that a good idea or i just do all the semesters and then apply for a masters in any US university?

I like United state because of my origin. A black man like here in Germany would hardly find a place in this society.

Edited by wisetech