Building an electromagnet can I use different guage wire together

brucewayne3210@yahoo.com

I have some some small bar magnets and some radio shack enamel coated wire a big screw and some other small parts. My question is this. The radio shack wire is 3 different guages. I want to get 300 turns out of this wire and I will probably need to combine the wire. My question is do i just wrap the first wire then the second wire then on the third one leave one end out then wind the coil then leave the end out and connect those ends to the battery. Or do i need to daisy chain the 3 different guages of wire and solder them together end to end. to make one 28 guage wire connected to a 30 guage wire connected to a 32 guage wire.

Thanks For any help.

You can use all three wires either as a thicker wire or a longer wire. As a thicker wire it will carry more amps, as a thinner wire you will get less amps but each will be used better due to more turns.

So how would I use them. Do I take the first wire keep the end free wind it and keep the other end free. Do that for the other 2 wires then connect all 3 wires to lightbulb or power source.

Or do I daisy chain them together and connect one end of one wire to another to make one long wire and then only have 2 connecting ends to connect to a battery or lightbulb or some load.