Dihybrid Cross confusion

Marconis

If the parents (of the F1 gen) of a dihybrid cross are not true-breeding, will you still see a 9:3:3:1 ratio in the F2 generation? I did a bunch of dihybrid crosses on Kansas State Uni's website (found it on google), and literally all of the F2 generation punnet squares were not in 9:3:3:1. For example, one had 10 of a certain phenotype, another problem had 8 for a given phenotype. I started to scratch my head, because all of the questions that I answered were correct (like when it asked for a given genotype number, it'd be correct, etc). Something about genetics really crushes my brain. Sorry if I sound stupid.

See?

http://www.ksu.edu/biology/pob/genetics/…

Not 9:3:3:1, and it's a dihybrid cross. Let's say A/a stands for hair color, brown is dominant. T/t stands for height, tall is dominant. If you look at this square, isn't it only showing 8 Brown/Tall, and 8 Brown/Short? (1:1)

It says a dihybrid cross is defined as: "a cross between identical double heterozygotes."

Edited by Marconis