distances between things

EyeSore

wonder sometimes about the distances between...stars for example - how at times to me it seems the distance of two stars to be half the distance of two other near by stars one of those which seems twice as far from an other star, etc. like "some" seemingly chaotic layout that may or may not be extremely precise, also have noticed this in trees(especially in highly forested area)...also moles and freckles on a person, and seemingly large crowds of people themselves, maybe even in every thing as it relates to every thing else, is there an place for these thoughts in logic or have i just gone completely off my rocker? thanks for at least attempting to hear me.

Overall the universe is fairly homogeneous - on a (relatively speaking) small scale there are always going to be denser clusters and sparser areas. Since the formation of stars is largely dependent on pot luck, think of it as winning and loosing streaks on a fruit machine - in that they just happen. In terms of what to call that, I suppose the small bursts of heterogeneity in a homogeneous environment is essentially the study of entropy.