Animal Medical Science

Ninjakat

I just watched a documentary on the pet food industry today and these are the facts that where stated. Seems all our pet foods no name brand all the way to high end brands are ALL produced at ONE company in Toronto which controls all of north America. All these dry dog and cat foods contain grains that where shipped from China (which have been found in the past to contain plastic ) which can be harmful to your dog and are often the source of poison and recalling in the pet food industry. It's also said that even though "Chicken" may be the first ingredient on the dog food label there is x3 the amount of GRAIN. Your pets should consuming more meat then grain products. On the sad note there is very little to none nutrition training in veterinarians. There is no difference from our compliments brand to Purina or IAMS pet foods.

Cats also are complete carnivore and the fact that there is found a lot more grain products involved then meat suggests that there may be an increase if complications within your cat in a duration of time. Cats usually have problems digesting grain products. It is kinda scary knowing most things you could possibly feed your pet could complicate things or even make your pet sick, and the fact most Veterinarians have very little to no pet food training you shouldn't trust their suggestions. Although working in an animal hospital myself I tend to find they feed their pets brands such as Science Diet or Nutrience.

dog-food.jpg

Edited by Ninjakat