Orient me please

jose2

Hi, i am from Peru and i will have a bachelors in Industrial engineering in about 1 and a half years. Through my journey at university i have really enjoyed thermodynamics, physics , chemistry, statistcs, calculus and operation research. Now that i am nearing finishing my studies, i have realized that the higher gear courses are more inclined to turn me into some sort of manager. This is definitely not my forte; science is my passion and i really don't have great social skills. (for example marketing).

Any ways, after i graduate i was thinking of studying in the states. I wanted to study something that was more oriented towards chemistry and physics.

I was wondering i what kind of graduate programs i could apply that lets me expand on the fields i mentioned. The other option i was thinking is to start from 0 and study something more scientifique like electrical engineering.

Since i am from Peru i am not very familiar with how the education system in Unitated States work. I have really good grades, and i attend to the best university in my country but i am not sure if the will be recognized internationally.

Basically what i am saying is that i will have a bachelors in I.E and i want to be a scientist. I am really confused and i need someone to point me in the right direction.

i wanted to know what the internetz opinion was.

thx

• 1 month later...

I was in the same position when I graduated from Electrical Engineering! When I graduated most of the job offers came from mobile phone companies and computer chip makers AND they were either managerial / sales jobs. I've realised since that engineering will just never be "scientific enough" as it doesn't ask the deep questions - only the surface ones - that is , it seeks to apply scientific concepts, not question the concepts themselves. My main interests are in physics and art & design and if I could do it all over I would have either

1) studied physics to PhD level - my great passion

2) studied industrial engineering (your subject) and done further studies in 3D design (designing - machines, commercial products, factories)

My advice would be :look at the recruitment ads in the back of scientific/research journals that you love - if there is a job there that you want, then ake note of the degrees that they require of their candidates and take it from there.