Kno3

Guest uranio

Guest uranio

i've got KNO3 and i want to mixture it (to make back powder)... but i need to have KNO3 in powder (i've got in small grain)...

is there anyway to mixture very well the sulfur and the KNO3 so that can burn more easily?

i made this mini-bomb:

----[||||-R-||||]----

-the ----[ ]----- is a fuse with ||||| powder, and R is a resistence fuse (literal translation from portuguese)... I tried to *burn* the resistence fuse with more than the R voltage but the powder could get start burnning... I think that the powder is not well done, it was to be more finner: powder.

Does anyone know the ignition tempereture (in ºC please) for the black powder?

Perhaps another way to make what i want.....

p.s. sorry the english:D .....

the activation energy for black powder i am not sure of.

you know, i still don't understand why people are so enthralled with black powder; nitroglycerin is much more fun to produce (although much harder) and is such a better explosive.

if you want a fine powder, take a hammer to your nitrate, but be careful as to not make sparks fly and don't hit it too hard.

GTN`s also quite toxic! (a fact seldom spoken off).

use a standard mortar and pestle, and do one ingredient at a time! then mix all 3 parts together on a sheet of paper by diapering. that will make a good green meal powder, suitable for many pyro applications :)

go to brooks pharmacy, ask them for saltpeter, if you ask for potassium nitrate, they will probably look at you funny, most likely they'll have to order it, it should be about 3 bucks for 6oz. or you could go to http://www.skylighter.com gotta be 21 for that though....simple rocket fuel is saltpeter(potassium nitrate)+powdered sugar+flowers of sulfer, any gardening store would have the sulfer. if these are mixed properly on the molecular level, then a pretty high rate of burn can be achieved, but this includes a lot of grinding and making the powder really fine, a more potent version is, replace the sugar with charcoal, but it has to be natural and with no additives, grind that under a dowel or screwdriver handle until its really fine, depending on your accuracy, you can make a powder that burns so rapidly that it explodes, but thats really difficult. way back in the 50's and 60's, the sugar propellent was used regularly as a model rocket propellent.