Knoppix

Dragoncaviar

Has anyone heard of an os called knoppix/used it/is using it?

My old computer really screwed up, and I partitioned the Hard Drive, but made the partitioned side without windows the primary one, and consequently, I can not format the hard drive, but thats another story.

I have a copy of knoppix on disk, and my old computer only has one CD Drive, so I don't know how to install any disk software.

If anyone can help on this, again, as always, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Also, If anyone can help on my formating problem aswell, I would be very appreciative.

Oh, and its not as simple as re-installing windows with my windows XP Disks, as I never got any, (Bloody Budget computer) and still don't have any. All I have is the format disks, one cd drive and one knoppix CD.

Regards,

The only way I can think of to solve your disk problem is to use someone else’s computer with a CD writer so you can copy the files from your diskette to a blank CD that you can use on your computer. There is no other way unless you want to install a diskette drive on the old computer.

The only way I can think of to solve your disk problem is to use someone else’s computer with a CD writer so you can copy the files from your diskette to a blank CD that you can use on your computer. There is no other way unless you want to install a diskette drive on the old computer.

The fact that you don't have a CD with a full copy of windows probably has much to do with the fact that Microsoft is an evil corporation as it does to with the fact that you bought a cheap computer. To try to prevent piracy they limit the amount of CDs with a copy of windows on it and substitute it with some supplementary windows CD that is almost always useless. Only Microsoft can get away with selling software to individuals and not giving them a CD with the software on it. Your partitioning problem might be related to this as well because of their attempt to make any non-Microsoft operating systems or application software incompatible.

I would suggest going to the tech department of the company that you bought XP at and seeing if they will reinstall XP for you. If you go to college you can go to the computer help department and probably find someone willing to reinstall XP for you. If you know anyone living in a college dorm I can almost guarantee they can get a copy of XP for you off the network or from a friend. Or you might be able to find a copy net. Of course I don't recommend any of this because its illegal even if you already own a copy of XP. Maybe someone else with more XP knowledge knows another way.