Black holes and Hawking radiation

Simpleton

Had problems posting for a bit and asked this question on an other side. Feeling a bit guilty.

It does not seam reasonable to me that a black hole should loose mass "if the black hole is not feeding". I keep thinking that it don't have a choice. There is a continues flow of radiation under pressure flowing in to it all the time, from all sides. Or would this ocean of waves stop and jest sitall around the edge of the black hole and not try the impossible task to fill it and equalize pressure.

It seams that there is reasonable agreement that at least a quantity of E=M, or can be.

So, if all this radiation ends up in the black hole, how can it loose mass?

Nobody answered so far at the other place.

Thank you:embarass:

Any reasonably large black hole is currently absorbing far more energy than it might release via Hawking radiation, just from the cosmic microwave background radiation. Hawking radiation is a theorized effect, where the black hole can eat one of a virtual particle/antiparticle pair. The virtual particles are an effect of quantum mechanics, and are in a sense "borrowed" energy and usually disappear rather quickly. But if the black hole eats one of them, the other becomes a real particle. In this process, nothing leaves the black hole and yet the black hole loses energy. From the way it works, smaller black holes are "sharper" and will emit more Hawking radiation.

It seams right and there seams to be reasonable agreement on that the Univers is cyclic.

It seams right and there seams to be reasonable agreement that over time the mass and mater of the galaxies will end up in black holes. That then includes the background and any other radiation. Then, eventualy as the last stars burn out and the quantity and or size of black holes increases, more radiation is consumed then produced. Adding the momentum of everything moving apart, the radiation pressure of the universe must go down ever faster. It seams to me that eventualy the pressure will be so low that it alone should draw in all that is the Univers like a baloon loosing pressure. AS pressure goes down, will speed limit increase? There will be many monster black holes in many places, at enormous distances from each other that will be drawn together faster and faster all the time without the need for gravity. Sorry, I am loosing it.