NH4NO3 + Aluminium Powder?

Dragoncaviar

Does NH4NO3 and Aluminium Powder make rocket fuel?

I've been told its a powerful explosive but rocket fuel??

As an old friend of mine currently taking his masters degree at York university told me it made rocket fuel, and it's not like him to lie, but I have my doubts on this one.

Also, can anyone tell me the ratio of NH4NO3 to Fuel I need in the preparation of ANFO's?

Also what detonators should I use, as I have access to blasting caps, but I'm not sure what kind etc. and I would have to "Borrow" them if I did use them, so anything else is prefrible.

Any posts appreciated

Regards

no it won`t make rocket fuel per se, at least not above it critical diameter (about 7cms) after that (and sometimes under it) it`ll make DDT and CATO your rocket, and probably you!

with regards to ANFO, you need several kilo to make it viable, else you risk a partial detonation, it`s only a heaving charge anyway and it`s brissance is quite low, so unless you wanna blast a big hole in the ground to shift a tree or the likes, Don`t waste your time :)