global warming, shouldnt we fly off the earth?

if heat is related to magnetic force, density etc (vague i know), and the earth really was warming or cooling above normal, wouldnt that shift in the density of matter (warming/cooling) cause the radius of our magnetic field to increase decrease as a result of the thinning/spreading of heated unheated matter?

can global warming be measured by gravity?

just a thought.

The Earth's magnetic field is generated deep within the Earth. It would be unaffected by global warming, which is a small increase in temperature in the atmosphere only.

Neither have anything to do with gravity, which depends only on the mass of the Earth and distance from its center.

isane_alien i agree

i think everyone is overdoing it a lot

how large is 2 degrees?

plus if it is needed that we should decrease CO2 emissions then companies should make goods that last decades, not a few years

they have the technology

i think you misunderstand me.

global warming is a very significant problem for the human race and 2 degrees average surface temperature change is actually huge and will cause a lot of environmental change in a hort period of time which means a bunch of species are going to snuff it.

when i said that an tiny fraction of the earth was warming i was reffering to the very very thin layer that get its temperature from the sun, this isn't responsible for much gravity and none of the magnetic field so doesn't actually matter to what the OP was talking about at all.

• 2 weeks later...

the part of the earth that matters most to humans is the crust and the atmosphere. however these are made of comparatively little mass compared to the rest of the earth, which is largely unaffected by the happenings of its surface.