Gravitational Force

Oownage

Hi Guys!

I'm busy compiling a report on the effects of gravity and part of my assignment is to state: how you can use the value of "g" (gravitational force) as a tool to determine where a person is on earth.

I have already spoken about central fugal forces etc, I just need to know how you can use "g" to determine your position

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the value of g varies slightly at different places on Earth, depending on your altitude, the shape of the Earth (not perfectly spherical, of course), and other random factors (like the density of rock underneath you).

Spacecraft like GOCE map variations in the gravitational field of Earth for scientific purposes.

That should be G and not g. Little g is used for the acceleration due to gravity. (It will be a function of distance from the gravitating body in general.) G is Newton's constant.