Knotted space

j_rankin

Hello all, this is my first time here, and i want an explanation for why the following is not possible:

Imagine an elastic sheet.

Now imagine yourself pinching that elastic sheet and then continually moving the pinch in a clockwise motion around a central point (pinch A). Consider how the sheet would stretch.

Now pinch the sheet elsewhere but do not move the pinch yourself (pinch B).

Eventually both spots where you have pinched will meet up, but pinch B would follow the clockwise motion of pinch A.

Now, is it so hard to imagine that space itself is pinched by the nuclear forces of atoms, and that orbiting electrons perform the action of pinch A?

This would mean that gravity is created by electrons, and thus connecting gravity with the electromagnetic forces.

Just a silly thought......please explain why this is not the case cos it's really bugging me.

Anything that has energy and momentum is a source of the gravitational field. Thus, electrons can course space-time curvature.

But what your post reminds me more of is the fact that you can have "material like" configuration of pure space-time, like topological defects.