Possible Computer Program

foodchain

When a program or a piece of software goes to perform some action, it has to take a few steps right, that eventually interfaces with the operating system and the hardware correct? Well, should there be a regular pattern to this behavior? I was wondering if you could make a program that would statistically map all of these actions so that abnormal program or pc behavior could be mapped to whatever piece of code for instance that was causing it to occur. I think one of the ways that such stuff could be traced is not only via the path any of the actions took, but how long also.

Is such technology in use today, or is it simply of no point to even think about.

I use to want to model a language using matrix algebra a long time ago. I think it would be cool if every action a computer took would produce a like equation in such terms that basically gave a map of various actions, with what caused or did the action and how long it took. Then such equations could be statistically rendered.