Hello, I'm new

Hello! How are you today? I'm a Microbiologist and I ride horses. I graduated from AUM (Auburn University at Montgomery) in 2002 and I work for the Alabama State Lab. I'm am 27 years old. I am trained in:

DFA Rabies testing per CDC protocol and process in specimens (opening animal heads, dissecting brains)

Gonostat

Enterics (which I'm working now)

E.coli 0157:H7 testing per Reference (CDC) protocol

Processing Parasitology

I really enjoy Reference Bacteriology and Enteric pathogens.

I also ride hunter/Jumper horses and have 2 of my own; a Thoroughbred and a Hanoverian/Thoroughbred. I horse show on the weekends and train my own horses.

We also have a Bioterrorism lab here and we work with the FBI when something with Anthrax comes here. It's really cool.

Nice to meet you Typhi....your work sounds very interesting. I believe I just read recently that in the US you have had 3 transplant patients being infected with rabies form an organ donor. Any thoughts on that?

• 1 month later...

Well I never thought that a transplanted organ would have the rabies virus. I knew that the virus could stay alive for some peoriods of time, but since the organs were kept cooled, the virus stayed alive mich longer.

I think that when a person dies that their brain should be check for the rabies virus, esp if it's neurological.