Conjugation of BSA to oligonucleotides

What happens during the process of conjugating BSA to oligos and BSA to SANH? In other words, what is the science behind it?

Okay, so I'm doing a research report. I followed a protocol for the modification of BSA. I want to see if conjugating BSA to oligos will increase the sensitivity of the results in my DNA microarray chip. So far, I conjugated BSA to oligos powder and also conjugated BSA to SANH. After running a protein gel, I saw that the well that BSA conjugated to the oligos shifted upwards compared to the well that had BSA conjugated to SANH. Therefore, I can see that the oligos and the BSA did bind. Hopefully, this will increase the sensitivity of my results when I conjugate BSA to oligos on the DNA chip. (By the way, we are designing DNA chips for efficiently genotyping HPV strains.)

Thank you for your input!

What happens during the process of conjugating BSA to oligos and BSA to SANH? In other words, what is the science behind it?

It depends which protocol is reproduced. You'll probably find the answer in the "Bioconjugate techniques" (2nd ed.) by Greg T. Hermanson. At page 672 (2nd edition) you can see some reaction details.

The book at books.google.com: http://books.google.com/books?id=alooWMkRMk0C&pg=PA674&lpg=PA674&dq=SANH+%2B+BSA&source=bl&ots=ixXQ0-Ascb&sig=j6Kr8gUmsAK5J-d42-VLmfK3MJI&hl=sr&ei=Q4GWSojUFMj4_AbCp7DGDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5#v=onepage&q=SANH%20%2B%20BSA&f=false

and at Amazon (paperback): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0123705010