Industrial Process of CuSO4 5H2O

Guest kingjohan

Guest kingjohan

Dear All members,

Do anyone help me to telling me How to produce CuSO4 5H2O from Copper metal. I need procedure and process line.

Cheat and easy process, we want to make 1 ton CuSO4 per day.

Thanks

kingjohan@yahoo.com

Guest kingjohan

Dear WolfSon.

Cu(metal) can not reaction with H2SO4 in normal condition.

we need real process not theory.

Thanks

You need to oxidise copper with hydrogen peroxide or some other thing. Copper oxide reacts with H2SO4. You may mix H2SO4 with hydrogen peroxide and add copper there. Another way is to put copper as anode into the H2SO4 solution and electrolyse it. There will be solution of copper sulphate then. I do not know about effectiiveness of these methods. These may be too costly for production.

If you want to mass produce any product you must understand BASIC chemistry, if you increase the pressure and temperature of Cu and H2SO4 you will get your CuSO4, add a catalyst to maximise the inital rate.

it`s a pity that your starting with the pure metal as opposed to the ore, certain bacteria act upon this ore to make several tons of copper sulphate daily in the form of a slurry that`s then filtered and crystalised.

electrolysis of the copper in sulphuric acid will work excelently, but a ton a day will require some huge vats and considerable current even though the working voltage need not exceed 4 volts.