Help with weird program bug.

Mokele

Ok, so, background: A few months ago, my computer had a major screw-up due to the corruption of some important windows files (Win XP, SP2). I managed to fix it, but in the process, one of my programs (CorelDraw) stopped working, but in a weird way.

So, here's the issue: I cannot open this program from the exe - windows starts trying to do some install process and asks for the CD, which I've lost. But, oddly enough, if I double-click on a file type associate with the program, it opens immediately. No problems, no errors, it does everything it's supposed to.

My intuition says Windows is having the problem, not the program, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Well if it doesn't matter make a short cut to a blank file and use that(point the current shortcut to a blank Corel file(save file with a new name every time you start(make the file read only it will force you to save it under a new name every time)))...............

-registery

-missing dll

-internal flag

-misplaced or corrupt association of any type(all of the above)

If it's Corel and not Windows asking for the disk I take the chance in saying it's not windows directly but the option misplaced or corrupt association of any type(all of the above)............

Did you try going into installed software in control panel and doing a repair.........the option is never there but you never know.

Make a video of the process and post it on youtube it may help to provide better conjecture(only as silly as you make it sound.) :P

Edited by buttacup