Top of Google Search.

throng

I recently started moderating a new discussion forum which covers spiritual subject matter. I would like the forum to appear on the top of the page when a user types 'Spiritual Forum' into Google search.

I'd like to discuss the way this is achieved. I don't know the first thing about it at this stage.

How does one ensure a successful and effective Google search in these circumstances?

:)

When a guaranteed solution becomes available I'm sure it will cost lots of money.........read

"No consensus exists whether or not the keywords attribute has any effect on ranking at any of the major search engines today. It is speculated that it does, if the keywords used in the meta can also be found in the page copy itself. With respect to Google, thirty-seven leaders in search engine optimization concluded in April 2007 that the relevance of having your keywords in the meta-attribute keywords is little to none[3]. However, the same article also suggests that Yahoo still makes use of the keywords meta tag in some of its rankings. Yahoo itself claims support for the keywords meta tag in conjunction with other factors for improving search rankings.[4]"

I'm sure there is more on this but that's where most start.................good advertising! :rolleyes:

I have had this same problem from my research its all about the inbound links. the more links pointing to your site the higher your rate you will get. also content is a big deal. check out this link: the site wizard.com he has some good info there, and you know its good info because he is on the top of that search list.

visit my website http://investmentideasforrecession.blogspot.com/ and follow my blog and i'll do the same for you, the more people you have following your blog will also boost your rating with google

Hi,

Thanks.

I read about things. I'm not sure if it helps much. Info is diverse and it's hard to set priorities.

I moderate a 'spiritual forum'. What is the very first thing one should consider in improving search ranking?

Edited by throng

I have had this same problem from my research its all about the inbound links. the more links pointing to your site the higher your rate you will get. also content is a big deal. check out this link: the site wizard.com he has some good info there, and you know its good info because he is on the top of that search list.

visit my website http://investmentideasforrecession.blogspot.com/ and follow my blog and i'll do the same for you, the more people you have following your blog will also boost your rating with google

Thanks - the site http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/google.shtml is very easy to understand so it suits me.

What do you think is the first foremost and most important thing to do?

I would say to focus your time on inbound links, but this is time consuming since you have to blog and leave you link everywhere. if time is an issue i would suggest paying for your inbound links at Linkvana cost around 150.00 (to steep for me), but you do run the risk of google catching you and may pull your site off the web. Not sure of the reason why google would do that, but linkvana guaranty that this wont happen, i think... you may want to read through their offer for yourself.

If you decide to not use a inbound link company it may take you about a week or more of constant blogging to get your website listed.

good luck with getting your site ranked

• 2 months later...
I would say to focus your time on inbound links, but this is time consuming since you have to blog and leave you link everywhere. if time is an issue i would suggest paying for your inbound links at Linkvana cost around 150.00 (to steep for me), but you do run the risk of google catching you and may pull your site off the web. Not sure of the reason why google would do that, but linkvana guaranty that this wont happen, i think... you may want to read through their offer for yourself.

If you decide to not use a inbound link company it may take you about a week or more of constant blogging to get your website listed.

good luck with getting your site ranked

Thanks for the advise, and the Great article you wrote and linked.

You may want to check out Google Webmaster Tools.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools

Their help system is excellent.

I used it for my personal websites and the results will happen. You just have to give it time.

The Google Webmaster Tools will guide you on everything you need to do to achieve getting your website to display on Google. Yahoo also has a site submission page that allows you to submit your website to its search engine.

If this is all completely new to you I can further explain the process if you still need help after looking into Google Webmaster Tools.

Edit: One more thing I forgot to mention... it's free.

• 3 weeks later...