Plla-cl & pll

Xittenn

I am thinking of synthesising the polymer poly-(L-Lysine) and copolymer poly-(L-lactic-co-epsilon-caprolactone) for use in electrospinning of an ECM scaffold; just for fun! I was wondering if there was anything that comes to mind immediately why I shouldn't try to do this? I personnaly can't see anything wrong with any steps of these synthesis.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

No strings of capitals in titles eh?:confused:

I am thinking of synthesising the polymer poly-(L-Lysine) and copolymer poly-(L-lactic-co-epsilon-caprolactone) for use in electrospinning of an ECM scaffold; just for fun! I was wondering if there was anything that comes to mind immediately why I shouldn't try to do this? I personnaly can't see anything wrong with any steps of these synthesis.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

No strings of capitals in titles eh?:confused:

Sounds safe to me. It's also biodegradable:-)

• 2 months later...

Sounds safe...........teee heee...................I think maybe I should culture some Streptomycetaceae and harvest the poly-(L-Lysine) instead. This seems to be the more common approach! Although synthesis would still prove educational................my current lab(my living room or kitchen) may not provide adequate ventilation! Can anybody recommend to me a good bacteria vendor????????