The Social Observatory

JLanius

I awoke one morning to the following train of thought. It isn't exactly precise or clear atm, but it does have an interesting perspective to convey. Given the amatureism that it was born in, please excuse the lack of sources and etc. in favor of the concept itself. I will continue to work on this as the thread matures.

...An observed experiment is thereby limited in its human expectations of the result.

This is due to the fact that observed material (matter and reactions) are altered when in an observed state. The sub-atomics will react within a perceived limitation. How then, can you get effective results? The results you do achieve will be reasonably correct, but only the average values will be recordable.

Other thoughts

if monitoring the sub atomic variables in a observed environment (a large one, like a stage) will the range of possibilites

(more on this later) portray infinity, or a larger recordable avarage? If so, this would show an effect on the radius that matter is surveyed on. Also, this would change the variables of expectation from an event.

It is unknown if this effect would create a positive or negative effect, as this experiment has never been attempted.

I can explain the concepts if anyone is confused about this.

Edited by JLanius

I awoke one morning to the following train of thought. It isn't exactly precise or clear atm, but it does have an interesting perspective to convey. Given the amatureism that it was born in, please excuse the lack of sources and etc. in favor of the concept itself. I will continue to work on this as the thread matures.

...An observed experiment is thereby limited in its human expectations of the result.

This is due to the fact that observed material (matter and reactions) are altered when in an observed state. The sub-atomics will react within a perceived limitation. How then, can you get effective results? The results you do achieve will be reasonably correct, but only the average values will be recordable.

Other thoughts

if monitoring the sub atomic variables in a observed environment (a large one, like a stage) will the range of possibilites

(more on this later) portray infinity, or a larger recordable avarage? If so, this would show an effect on the radius that matter is surveyed on. Also, this would change the variables of expectation from an event.

It is unknown if this effect would create a positive or negative effect, as this experiment has never been attempted.

I can explain the concepts if anyone is confused about this.

To some extent, the experimenter's expectations limit the results because the experimenter must decide what to measure. So, you only determine certain aspects of situation. Thus, for example, if you are running an experiment to measure the index of refraction of a crystal, you are probably only measuring light ray angles, and not temperature, charge distribution, gravity, etc. However, our expectations do not determine the outcomes of our measurements: otherwise we would not need to run the experiments at all...

If you're concerned about collapsing wavefunctions by observation, you need not worry. You're only going to have a superposition of states if you very carefully set it up that way: most of the time, your system will decohere essentially instantly.