Forces the same at planck scales?

gre

I've never seen this before .. so I figured I post it. While researching another subject I noticed the following relationships. Is this why it is theorized that all forces unify at the Planck level?

Pm = Plank Mass

Pl = Planck Length

Pt = Planck Time

Pf = Planck frequency (non-angular) = 2.952104e42 Hz

Eo = Electric Constant

Uo = Magnetic Constant

Force of gravity between Planck masses one Planck Length away:

F = G * (Pm * Pm) / (Pl * Pl) = 1.210259e44 N

Electrostatic force between Planck charges on Planck length away:

F = (1/(4*pi*Eo)) * (Qp^2/Pl^2) = 1.21025e44 N

Magnetic force between two Planck scale magnetic poles:

F = (Uo/(4*pi)) * ( [(2*pi*Pf*Qp)*Pl)]^2 / (Pl^2)) = 1.21025e44 N (edited)

Other forces, such as centripetal are probably the same.. I'm guessing.

Edited by gre

Look up the running of coupling constants in gauge theories.

If you include supersymmetry, the electromagnetic, weak and strong coupling constants tend to the same value at high energies.

This is the main motivation for unification schemes.

In a older post, I was wondering if this equation:

F = (proton_mass^2 * c^3)/hbar

could be used to estimate the strong force in newtons (maximum or total) holding quarks together in a proton.

Just for fun, I checked to see if it would have the same result (using Planck mass instead of a Proton's)

F = (planck_mass^2 * c^3)/hbar = 1.210e44 N

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Consearing the plank scale, I was thinking that maybe if we could go beyond that scale, we could enter another "parralel" universe. The way I see it is like a frequency change. When you go below and beyond the lower limits of space, than it could be possible that you enter another parallel one. As if you change frequency in a radio, go from fm to am than you are sync and vibrating on another reality. Why there is only limit to the smallest scale? time and space doesent seem to have upper limits that we could talk of in the present time. As for the small scale we have certain limits that we can pinpoint like plank scale. Could this scale and bellow be the entrance to another reallity? Maybe if we could practice an experiment at this scale colliding tiny black holes with huge energies, could we end up with the creation of a new Universe to play with?

BR

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Look up the running of coupling constants in gauge theories.

If you include supersymmetry, the electromagnetic, weak and strong coupling constants tend to the same value at high energies.

This is the main motivation for unification schemes.

Backreaction Running Coupling Constants is one of the easiest explanations of running coupling constants, super symmetry, etc.

Also i think the SUSY Unification scale is several orders larger than the Planck scale.

Also i think the SUSY Unification scale is several orders larger than the Planck scale.

Something like 10^16 GeV, which is the GUT scale. This would not be a unification that includes gravity, that is expected to be at the Planck scale.