Finding height of Mountain

blazinfury

A woman measures the angle of elevation of a mountaintop as 12.0°. After walking 0.80 km closer to the mountain on level ground, she finds the angle to be 14.0°

(a) Draw a picture of the problem, neglecting the height of the woman's eyes above the ground. Hint: Use two triangles. (Do this on paper. Your instructor may ask you to turn in this work.)

(b) Select variable names for the mountain height (suggestion: y) and the woman's original distance from the mountain (suggestion: x) and label the picture. (Do this on paper. Your instructor may ask you to turn in this work.)

© Using the labeled picture and the tangent function, write two trigonometric equations relating the two selected variables. (Do this on paper. Your instructor may ask you to turn in this work.)

(d) Find the height y of the mountain by first solving one equation for x and substituting the result into the other equation.

I just have no clue.

As this is homework I won't give you the answer but one hint is to use law of sines to solve the lengths for the first triangle and after you do this the rest of the work should be self explanatory. If you post more on what you know or where in the math you are stuck I will do my best to help you get the answer but is won't give you an answer.