Energy sources that match in energy levels?

Baby Astronaut

Desiring to know how various types of energy compare to one another, I am creating a sort of game/exercise for any takers. You start with one type of energy source and its level of energy, then draw comparisons to other energy sources and list the individual amounts needed in order for their energy levels to match. I've started it with the Krakatoa eruption of 1883 that was heard in several nations. What is your prediction of the amount of energy in that sound? After figuring that out, predict what amounts the others would need to match that sound's energy.

Sound: Krakatoa volcano in 1883 (loudest recorded sound in history)

• Fire: what size forest fire would match that energy level?
  • TnT: how much would match that energy level?
  • Speed: what velocity (mph) would match that energy level?
  • etc.

You can make your own list too.

I think that the Krakatoa blast was a lot of different types of energy, and the sound was just one small fraction of that.

That's OK, I didn't ask for the energy of the blast. Just the sound.

My questions is not what formulas each have. Rather, I'm asking to compare different thing that would be have same energy.

For example, take the list below. That's what format I'm after.

• wind strength of Hurricane Andrew
  • 40 people jumping at once
  • A 50 foot wave crashing down

Although my example comparisons are highly inaccurate, that's the format I seek. No equations or jargon. Thank you for attempt, however your response doesn't fit the question asked.

Here is a good example of matching energy levels between completely different things. Quoted from Wikipedia.

One joule in everyday life is approximately:

* the energy required to lift a small apple one meter straight up.

* the energy released when that same apple falls one meter to the ground.

* the energy released as heat by a quiet person' date=' every hundredth of a second.

* the energy required to heat one gram of dry, cool air by 1 degree Celsius.

* one hundredth of the energy a person can receive by drinking a drop of beer.

* the kinetic energy of an adult human moving a distance of about a handspan every second.[/quote']

I seek approximations more than accuracy, for the sake of visualizing different types of energy. And I'm not skilled enough in math to use any formulas myself.