need help =]

Astronautical

I am trying to find a new idea for thias year's science fair.

My previous idea proved to be impossible without certain resources.

But I want do something involving engineering.

Any ideas?

Maybe something involving increasing fuel efficiency in anything?

Or designing a device of some sort that could help people with with not so strong of grips that need immense grips for something they do?

Haha. I am just going through a rediculous brainstorm.

I don't want something too simple because I want to get to ISEF this year not just states.

Thanks for any help.

I'm willing to put in the work.

Edited by Astronautical

Efficient Gas Turbine powered hybrid vehicle, that will run on anything (gasoline, kerosene, vegetable oil, bio diesel, natural gas, etc).

Lots of off the shelf parts. Relatively hard project. If you can pull it off with efficiencies (significantly) higher than a piston engine you'd be in good shape.

I think it's worth to specify what type of engineering you're interested in.

Many people think engineering is something involved with making a car run. My personal type of engineering has more to do with making huge chemical factories operate effiently - quite a different approach with different disciplines needed.

My proposal: build a distillation setup, and operate the reboiler with the heat from the condenser (with help of a heat pump). Investigate energy-efficiency.

This is still "fuel efficiency". It's just a little bigger scale than your average car. (Car engines are about 10 kW, while industrial distillation setups easily use energy in the megawatt range). - I advise to investigate this at a scaled down setup. :D