Small bulbs - push fit 3 volt

Invicta

I am trying to make a small hand held torch with the light being emitted from the end of a thin, slightly bent, tube.

To keep the weight down I am using ordinary rechargable batteries. There are several small bulbs available but they all seem to have "screw in" fittings.

I would like some that just push in (like the ones in a car dashboards).

Can anyone suggest any sources please?

Bernard

Hmmm... other than using LEDs that can be made into push fit, have you tried small Christmas tree lights or a model/Hobby shop (idealy dolls house type).

MES bulbs are quite common at those voltages sadly for you, can`t you adapt your torch to take MES bulb holder? they can be gotten in all types of mounts from surface to PCB type.

just a few thoughts ;)

Tricky,

Now I've started this I have found a torch that does the job so rather than reinvent a wheel I'll just buy one.

See

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9381&frostProductName=Miniature+Inspection+Light&catID=18&subCatID=21&FrostCat=Electrics&FrostSubcat=Miscellaneous

Many thanks

Bernard

Oh, that's very fortunate, looks like they are using a LED :D