Boy is it hot in here... Look I’m floating away.

Catharsis

Hi...

Now I just wanna confirm the belief that I have, or would like to know that I need to revise it....

Sweating and it’s ability to cool the body:

From what I understand the water rises to the surface of the skin collecting electrons from (it’s) surrounding area “evaporating” hence cooling the body by taking the electrons from the surrounding area.

No? :eek:

Any comments suggestions and opinions will be greatly appreciated....

Thank you in advance...

No. That is actually as far away from the truth as possible.

When it's warm out, your body sweats to bring water to the surface of your skin. As the water gets to the surface, it evaporates. Water is able to absorb a LOT of heat before its own temperature rises (high heat capcity) and so it absorbs the heat from your body and takes it with it as it evaporates. The act of evaporation causes your skin to cool down, thus helping you maintain your body temperature.

It feels hotter out when it's humid because there is a lot more water vapor in the air so the water in your sweat is not able to evaporate as quickly, and thus you have a harder time cooling off.

So the transfer of heat is having the water electrons “get” excited by surrounding electrons (not their exchange of electrons)? In other words taking away the movement (energy) of the surrounding electrons (hence reducing the surrounding electrons movement). Yes?

But wait:

how can ;) sweating ;) cool the body by “absorbing” the motion of surrounding atoms, hence, slowing them down providing cooling.

When standing around a pot of boiling water creates heat - I guess, creating motion to surrounding atoms?

Any comments, suggestions and or opinions are welcome...

Thank you in advance....

But wait:

how can ;) sweating ;) cool the body by “absorbing” the motion of surrounding atoms, hence, slowing them down providing cooling.

When standing around a pot of boiling water creates heat - I guess, creating motion to surrounding atoms?

Any comments, suggestions and or opinions are welcome...

Thank you in advance....

boiling is an exothermic process, in other words, the water loses heat during the rapid evaporation of steam. This is why a pot of boiling water will freeze quicker than a pot of water at room temperature when you put them both outside during winter. It's also why

can happen

boiling is an exothermic process, in other words, the water loses heat during the rapid evaporation of steam. This is why a pot of boiling water will freeze quicker than a pot of water at room temperature when you put them both outside during winter. It's also why
can happen

I don't see how this works, as the hot water must become cold water before it freezes, right?

Basically:

hot water -> cold water -> ice

vs.

cold water -> ice

The cold water just has to freeze, whereas the hot water must first cool down then freeze :confused:.

Thanks!

Yea - like wow.....

I get it now - it’s the air that provides the cooling - the sweat itself doesn't. As a matter of fact if you had no way of removing the sweat and it stayed on the body it would be uncomfortable (like during high humidity).

Yea - I don’t know what I was thinking (such a brain fart) it seems so obvious now... Its all this having to “switch” between Micro and Macro (it seems) a lot of understanding is lost; at least for me...