Antenna Range and Current Frequency

Padawan

This may be a dumb question, but...

I read on a website(I've since lost the website address) that if you increase the current frequency(what I mean is, the frequency of the current going into an electrical appliance) then you can increase the range of a an antenna to receive radiation at it's specific resonance frequency. That you can increase the distance at which the antenna receives radiation, so that the antenna can cover a larger area.

Also, just wondering, but does the amount of power you put into an antenna to receive energy increase the total range like it does with the transmission of radiation?

I don't have any antenna theory textbooks as I'm still just a junior.

Please message me back!

• 1 month later...

I'm weak in electromagnetics, but I do know there are limitations on these kinds of things due to the modulation index and bandwidth. From experience with wireless networks, I've found that putting more power into the antenna with only result in more noise.. in effect, decreasing the total range and efficiency.