Chemistry Lecture Demonstration

blackhole123

For a final project in AP chemistry we have to do a lecture demonstration. Its basically just a lab that relates to at least 3 units we have done this year, a report about it and a demonstration of it to the class. I really don't know what to do. I don't want it to be too simple like just lighting some powder on fire, but I don't want it to be too complicated or dangerous.

I've seen some cool ones in videos but most of the time they don't give specific values I would need to do the experiment myself. Like this one which I think would be cool to do: http://exploscience.com/Home/Green%20Fire%20Light.wmv but I couldn't really find any info on it.

I also think making ferrofluid would be really cool but it's probably too advanced for me or it wouldn't relate to the stuff we have done.

Any ideas/sites that have procedures for cool lecture demos on an AP chem student level?

is the "barking dog" experiment dangerous?

The one that springs to mind is the water into wine into milk into beer demonstration.

Here's the link

The demonstration covers acids/bases, precipitation reactions and solutions and solubility.

no, not really, just don`t scale it up, and use a suitable vessel to contain it.

it is fairly dangerous. Here's what I found as a safety summary:

Safety. This experiment must always be carried out behind a protective screen. CS2 has a very low flash point and is highly toxic. The tube must be filled in a well-ventilated hood. Safety glasses must be worn!

NO2/N2O4 is very toxic and may cause inflammation of the lungs. Very insidious gas, exposure may cause little pain or go unnoticed, but the resulting edema several days later may cause death.

LINK