Caffeine absorption

NMajik

How does temperature affect absorption of caffeine taken orally?

I'm not sure if it's really a matter of "absorption" but I couldn't think of a better term.

(Sorry if I put this in the wrong subforum)

Temperature of what?

The outside air (the weather)?

The coffee?

Your body (which should be 37 deg C always)?

Caffeine goes from a water solution through the walls of the intestines into the blood. It is safe to assume that this happens at 37 deg C. The coffee cools down to 37 deg C quite fast after you drink it. This mass transfer (diffusion) would likely proceed a little faster at higher temperatures, but that's rather irrelevant in a warm-blooded body.

The weather undoubtedly has an influence as well... If you sweat and dry out a little, take up of chemicals from watery solutions will change. But I don't want to make any guesses, because it's really not my field of expertise.

it mainly depends on the difference in concentration of caffeine in your blood and your gut. temperature would play only a minor role with higher temperatures leading to higher fluxes. in the body this is negligble because unless you are recently dead the temperature won't change much.