Firecracker Technology

foodchain

Could you design an explosive that spreads materials around the blast that aid to defeat it for a controlled radius? Such as materials that would consume blast energy in a certain period of time that act along with the explosive on explosion?

I was just thinking it would be neat for instance if you could make a material like that you could have say firecrackers that have a square shaped explosion or what not, to more advanced shapes possibly?

Maybe the explosive material itself could be modeled to reach certain phases like being a plasma possibly? As I don’t know if you could reach different results with various combinations of materials and engineering of the device itself.

Purely theoretical question btw.

I am sure also this thread will be flagged by homeland defense.:eek::D

yes and no, yes it can be done, but no it wouldn`t be a Perfect square and would only work in free open space.

have you never seen the mortar shell bursts that distribute the stars into letters or numbers in the sky?

there were quite a few made for year 2000 that would write 2000 in the sky, one number per shell.

it`s all down to the bursting charge and geometry.