Software Model of First Evolution Results

jerrywickey

Are you interested in downloading this software when it is ready?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you interested in downloading this software when it is ready?

• I would download this software and play with the variable to satisfy my own interests
    • I would download it but I wouldn't really have time to look at more than the default run
    • I would not download it, because I am not interested in very early evolution
    • I would not download it, because I believe that evolution is fatally flawed as a theory

Well, some of the results anyway.

I didn't notice is was 2 am this morning when I stopped working on the model. I was excited because even though I still do not have a user interface to look at the simulation engines output, I am skilled enough to understand the output if I take a little time.

And you bet, I was excited to try some runs.

MUTATION RATE RESULTS

I knew that the mutation rate was important, but the results of these early runs suggest that it is even more important than I thought.

It is the relationship between the replication rate and the mutation frame shift plus and the mutation frame shift minus rates that needs careful balance. The effects three have on the success of a replicator becoming a colony seems to be closely interrelated.

It is one thing to reason this. But I tell you it is exciting to actually see the interactions in the thousands of daughter RNA sequences.

SURVIVABILITY OF ANY REPLICATOR

Another eye opener: I had assumed that if one replicator didn't make it, one of its daughters would be able to have another go at it.

What I didn't realize until I actually saw the process on the printouts, is that the whole of the colony shares a recursive relations ship with each individual organism.

It is like a fractal relationship. Each successive larger construct is more similar to a bigger copy of its smaller components, than it is different. The whole colony acted more like a single organism than individuals of a colony. Wow!

Jerry