a Vacuum Cheat :)

YT2095

I`ve been after a good vacuum for a peice of electric aparatus, namely a home made X-Ray tube. I`ve been pondering on a good way to accomplish this and think I`ve found a way :))

I made the x-ray tube and had a 4mm glass rod that lead into it, to which the vacuum is applied.

well I didn`t have a good enough pump and so I made an alternative, one that MAY help alyone else, and it`ll work if you`re making a light bulb and don`t want the heated elemant to burn out too fast.

firstly you`ll need to seal the container you wish to evacuate and have a glass condiut leading from the inside outwards.

open up a few Lithium batteries CR-2032 or CR-2016`s extract with a sharp dry screwdriver the Lithium (under the - terminal of the battery) and put each peice into the 4mm tube.

then heat the tube with a blow torch and suck the air out by mouth from the 4mm glass tube.

with the blow torch still on, heat the middle as close as you can to the aparatus of the 4mm tube, still keeping suction on.

heat it evenly, it will start to melt and suck inwards on it`s own, do NOT heat too fast!!! make sure that it seals 100% perfectly by a gentle tristing action on the near molten glass, carefully pull the reaminder of the 4mm tube away while still hot. your aparatus will now be completely air tight! :)

in the time it`s taken to type this, I could have done 3 of them! it`s that easy, practice a bit 1`st on some glass tubing untill you`re confident.

when the temp of the aparatus cools that will create a vacuum, you already sucked oit plenty air yourself as well, and the lithium will react and "EAT UP" the remaining Nirtogen and Oxygen :)

remember a vacuum in glass can implode!!! where possible use sticky backed acetate sheets to cover all glass, it will containn the explosion after implosion should anything bad happen.

Enjoy :)