Time, the fourth dimention?

HappyCoder

I never really like when time is explained as the fourth dimention. Let me tell you why.

Whenever higher dimensions are explained the comparison of 3D to 2D is included where they push a sphere through a 2D plane and a circle appears, grows, shrinks, then disappears on the plane. I don't like the idea of time being the fourth dimention because we never see anything pop out of nowhere grow, shrink, then disappear.

Comments please.

you only encounter that problem if you think of time as a spatial dimension.you can have dimensions which are not spatial.

a way to think of time is by taking a tv cartoon, print off all the frames and stack them in order.in this case the z axis would be time for the cartoon universe and in reality it would not be so discrete, there would be a continuous flow of frames with many more thousands of billions than you printed off.