Holding tank for negative or hostile comment

Well this thread has gotten somewhat heated and out of control so I would like to ask you all to stop the thread for a 24 hour cooling off period... Fine. I am double-posting this to make sure it is visible as a temporary end-marker

Who do you think you are? You’re not a moderator and the posts have kept well within the posting guidelines. No one is forcing you to participate here.

Negative feedback or hostile comment in the middle of a thread can have the effect of diverting the thread if it leads to an argument about persons (rather than the main issue.)

So I decided to make I kind of basket to catch procedural criticism of my actions---which might otherwise obstruct the flow of discussion.

There is also the REPORT buttton, the triangle with the "!". But suppose somebody wants to complain and they don't use the report function. This thread could be somewhere to put the complaint---short of just moving it to trash.

If this negative feedback thread turns out to just be a nuisance and fulfills no useful function then I or someone else will move it to trash. But in the meantime we'll see.

You [Martin] are not a moderator ...

This is not entirely correct:

- If you look at the bottom of the physics sections, you will read: "Moderators : 2 - swansont, Martin".

- From the thread explaining the "<some field> expert" title (http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11190), you can read that "Experts have some moderation abilities in forums within their area of expertise, meaning that they can bring discussions under control".