Infinitely huge

Eric0728

Can anyone explain if this is right.

if i can divide 2 infinitely to an infinitely small number

once i reach the infinitely small number couldn't i multiply that infinitly small number an infinite number of times meaning that the number 2 is infinite or am i just confusing myself?

Can anyone explain if this is right.

if i can divide 2 infinitely to an infinitely small number

once i reach the infinitely small number couldn't i multiply that infinitly small number an infinite number of times meaning that the number 2 is infinite or am i just confusing myself?

you're not just confusing yourself. you're also confusing me. i'm not sure what you're getting at but basically infinity has no ending so you can never finally arrive at your infinitely small number. depending on how precise you wanna be though you can set a limit where, ok i'll just assume that number to be infinity since it is so huge. for an ant the planet is infinitely huge. but for us certainly it is finite.

when you divide so the denominator is infinitely huge then you have pretty much reached zero. not exactly zero but for all intents and purposes zero, just like the planet is not infinitely huge but for all intents and purposes of the ant it is. zero times anything is zero.

the number 2 is not infinite, it is 2. you can divide any number until it gets small enough for you to call it zero. or multiply huge enough to be called infinity no matter what you do to it first. technically you could go from one extreme to the other, but once you are satisfied with calling a number infinity it's precision is lost, and you can't really use that number anymore because of that. also if you are satisfied with calling a denominator infinity you would also be willing to call your number zero, if not then you should not call the denominator infinity you should call it the really huge number that it is.