project involving capacitors and transformers

CPL.Luke

So I pillaged an old oscilloscope (vintage 1930's-50's) from my highschool physics department years ago and finally got around to taking it apart, I've found that it contains 1 very large transformer (about 2x the size of a powerful microwave transformer, and about a dozen 12 MFD 400 volt dc capacitors, a number of vaccuum tubes and 2 picture tubes, one being a conical tube with a diameter in the end being about 20 inches.

It also has a host of other goodies inside of it, and I'm considering what use to put them to.

My current list of possible projects includes,

a tesla coil

an lectron based interferometer that could possibly be used to conduct a double slit experiment.

A coin shrinker

or possibly a device capable of creating a powerful arc between two contacts.

anything else?

I've worked with high voltage before, so that isn't a problem, however I lack the expertise in circuit design to repurpose these devices into the circuits that I'm pondering.

does anybody have info on these devices, prefferably schematics and or documentation which would enlighten me to the circuit design?

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures once I'm done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...