Comments Please.....

explain to us how the process of evolution advanced so as to let the following occur-- DNA replication requires a high degree of fidelity in order to preserve the genetic code in daughter cells and prevent lethal mutations. This high fidelity is accompanied by 3' to 5' proof reading exonuclease activity of DNA which removes one nucelotide at a time from the end of a DNA chain. Yet there is just one enzyme specifically which executes the process from the 5' to 3' position to allow exonuclease acitvity which facilitats, or I should rather say functions to remove the RNA primer, which enzyme is that? and how did it evolve sentience to be aware of its very specific function? further why would a process that works hard to maintain that high fidelity allow at some point for many a random mutation whose very nature, we are not quite sure of to allow for this 'budding' so to speak from a primogenitor into such things as butterflies, and rabbits, fishes and trees, lizards and humans, stars and glaxies, lakes and mountains etc etc etc..

I hate to be blunt but this seems gobble-gook, can someone please explain in a more general point to what the actual issue is here.

Thanks......

further why would a process that works hard to maintain that high fidelity allow at some point for many a random mutation whose very nature, we are not quite sure of to allow for this 'budding' so to speak from a primogenitor into such things as butterflies, and rabbits, fishes and trees, lizards and humans, stars and glaxies, lakes and mountains etc etc etc.

yes, i'd agree, it's gibberish. did you get it from a creationist site, or something?

you could translate the first part into something sane, but i'm not sure there's much point given the end...

I hate to be blunt but this seems gobble-gook, can someone please explain in a more general point to what the actual issue is here.

Thanks......

The quote is from creationists. The idea is that the proof-reading process is too complex to have evolved. BTW, this should be in "Evolution". I've bolded the parts that tell you are dealing with a creationist:

"explain to us how the process of evolution advanced so as to let the following occur-- DNA replication requires a high degree of fidelity in order to preserve the genetic code in daughter cells and prevent lethal mutations. This high fidelity is accompanied by 3' to 5' proof reading exonuclease activity of DNA which removes one nucelotide at a time from the end of a DNA chain. Yet there is just one enzyme specifically which executes the process from the 5' to 3' position to allow exonuclease acitvity which facilitats, or I should rather say functions to remove the RNA primer, which enzyme is that? and how did it evolve sentience to be aware of its very specific function? further why would a process that works hard to maintain that high fidelity allow at some point for many a random mutation whose very nature, we are not quite sure of to allow for this 'budding' so to speak from a primogenitor into such things as butterflies, and rabbits, fishes and trees, lizards and humans, stars and glaxies, lakes and mountains etc etc etc.. "

No enzyme is "aware of" its specific function. Rather, those cells that had the proof-reading had fewer mutations and thus produced more viable offspring.

As to "allow a mutation", no system can be 100% accurate. The second law of thermodynamics forbids it. Any and every system is going to have errors.

What you have here is a standard creationist mish-mash of evolution, throwing up supposed problems but in reality making a strawman of evolution and then tearing it apart.

The reference to stars and galaxies and lakes 'evolving' is a complete giveaway.

It's a commn tactic of creationists to try and muddy the waters by talking about the 'evolution' of stars and other physical non-biological matters.

Direct and immediate proof of dishonesty on their part.

The reference to stars and galaxies and lakes 'evolving' is a complete giveaway.

Yeah. I've been reading this junk so long that I read right over that gaff! LIke you are going to have "a progenitor" of both bunnies and galaxies! :doh:

Yeah. I've been reading this junk so long that I read right over that gaff! LIke you are going to have "a progenitor" of both bunnies and galaxies! :doh:

well, we do have a moonbunny on the forums. maybe its her :P

i'll just go lock my self in a nuclear bunker before she turns upand notices the crack about her age.