Could this be possible?

Blackholes are just transfer points of matter. Lets imagine the "big bang" was the result of the formation of a black hole in another universe. From a central, infinitely small point, an explosion of matter streams out, and our universe is born. On the other side a black hole is formed from in a massive collapse of matter, into, and through the center of the blackhole,this immediately opens up the process of our new universes expansion. So our universe is live and expanding, taking in a steady flow of matter as it expands. This would mean there could be potentially an unimaginable amount of universes, all branching from a previous, and maybe the oldest of the universes simply die off, sucked of all their matter,and its almost like a constant wave of universes, forming in a burst of matter and then slowly draining through its own natural process.

I think its interesting

This Steady flow of matter I assume would still be branching out from the same point that the Big bang started? And this would only continue for how long there was matter in the connected universe whethere is was a plank unit of time or what. But if That matter transfer was through a Black hole then perhaps we are spewing matter into other universes as we speak. hmmm. I think I might be to tired to be getting any of this right but that would remind me of the cartoons when they fill their lungs with air so much their head expands then that shrinks then their feet expands ect......I need sleep now.

Blackholes are just transfer points of matter. Lets imagine the "big bang" was the result of the formation of a black hole in another universe. From a central, infinitely small point, an explosion of matter streams out, and our universe is born. On the other side a black hole is formed from in a massive collapse of matter, into, and through the center of the blackhole,this immediately opens up the process of our new universes expansion. So our universe is live and expanding, taking in a steady flow of matter as it expands. This would mean there could be potentially an unimaginable amount of universes, all branching from a previous, and maybe the oldest of the universes simply die off, sucked of all their matter,and its almost like a constant wave of universes, forming in a burst of matter and then slowly draining through its own natural process.

I think its interesting

One book about this idea is called The Life of the Cosmos

by Lee Smolin. this is a book for all interested people, not too technical

Another book that just came out this year has a chapter about the idea, but it is more technical===it is a book for scientists and philosophers, not for general reading public. However in case you are interested it is published by Cambridge University Press and is called Universe or Multiverse?.

It has a chapter by Lee Smolin about the idea you are describing

these can be found on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Cosmos-Lee-Smolin

http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521848411

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Multiverse-Bernard-Carr

this idea you are talking about is a rich and important idea which will take a lot more exploring, it is only beginning to be seriously investigated and starting to reveal its potential

there are also free-for-download research papers about this idea (sometimes called CNS---cosmic natural selection)

if you want to read more, and don't mind digging into scholar research papers you can get stuff free.

books you have to pay for or go to the library

if you want links to PDF let me know

wow i thought of this myself, its an idea that i have been developing since 2005 (when i started college), i spent more time thinking about space then in any of my classes, and failed out. This is crazy that otehr people have this same idea, its just developed over the years, and just the other day i turned it into what is stated above. It started at just the universe eventually would die out by all its matter being eventually sucked into blackholes, then i was thinking, maybe it goes somewhere? WOw im amazed that other ppl have this idea

wow i thought of this myself, its an idea that i have been developing since 2005 (when i started college), i spent more time thinking about space then in any of my classes, and failed out. This is crazy that otehr people have this same idea, its just developed over the years, and just the other day i turned it into what is stated above. It started at just the universe eventually would die out by all its matter being eventually sucked into blackholes, then i was thinking, maybe it goes somewhere? WOw im amazed that other ppl have this idea

AFAIK the first to have this idea was John Archibald Wheeler, he was a brilliant creative physicist who among other things was Richard Feynman's mentor and advisor when Feynman was doing his PhD thesis.

Lee Smolin got the idea from Wheeler and added an extra feature which makes it potentially testable.

Then around 1994 Smolin wrote a couple of papers---technical journal articles for other scientists---about it. Later, around 1999 he wrote that popular book.

The idea is gathering interest and attracting attention now. A prominent cosmologist named Alexander Vilenkin, just last year, got interested enough in the idea to try to disprove it. He tried to show it couldnt be true. this is good. It is how science works. You put ideas out and other people try to shoot them down and finally only the best survive.

But (hah hah:D )Vilenkin failed. Smolin wrote a reply showing that Vilenkin's paper was wrong. So the idea has not (as yet anyway) been shot down.

Now the idea is appearing as a chapter in this fat book "Universe or Multiverse"

Also Nature magazine----or the online spinoff called "Nature Physics" is going to be publishing an article by Martin Bojowald soon called "Before the Big Bang". I think Bojowald might mention this idea.

I'm sorry to hear college didn't work out for you but maybe you will go back later and take, among other things, some astronomy course.

Astronomy has gotten to be pretty dynamic and exciting in the past few years. If you get a good prof you can learn some amazing stuff.

yea i took a course in astronomy, but the prof. was so old and a horrible teacher, im sure he used to be a good teacher, but im pretty sure he had mild alzheimars... one class he told us the moon was moving slowly away from the earth, the very next class he said it was gettin closer...and that was only his most obvious mistake...made me lose interest in the class / school.

...made me lose interest in the class / school.

pity,

anyway you are doing the right thing by going on internet and trying to connect with people who know stuff that relates to your idea

you are just doing it a couple of years later than would have worked best.

better in 2005 when you were very involved with that idea you should have already found out about the other work going on

it is still a very new unexplored area

also it could turn out to be wrong!

a large percentage of scientific ideas people have, even if they are enormously attractive, eventually get shot down. but that is part of the fun.

(also, no other way to make progress AFAIK)

personally I suspect that this idea either has some grains of truth in it or else it is close enough to right that it will stimulate further productive thinking. the key issue, for me (and probably many others) is whether the physical laws and proportions in our universe are ADAPTED to make it more productive of black holes.

like in biological evolution if individuals can slightly change from generation to generation, then if some feature develops that makes it likely that the individual will have more grandchildren etc. (be more reproductively efficient) then that trait gets passed on----and at least on average the whole population evolves in the direction of greater reproductive efficiency

so if this kind of reproduction of universes has been occurring it might be that physics laws and proportions---the ratios built in between particles forces gravity whatever governs the behavior of the chemical elements etc.--- turn out to be ADAPTED to promote the condensation of stars and their eventual collapse (in some cases) into black holes.

and we ought to be able to TELL if the laws are adapted or not by studying them and asking whether they favor blackhole formation or whether they could be tweaked so as to improve performance.

Lee Smolin has done some work along those lines and has come up with one test for optimality that can be performed by astronomers (when they discover and measure the mass of neutron stars, which they do from time to time) and he has issued a challenge to others to come up with other checks on optimality that can be done with available means, like astronomical observation.

anyway it is either true or it isnt, and it will either get shot down or it wont.

it will be fun to watch how this idea develops whatever happens

i like that idea of evolution.... It is only the biggest stars that form black holes right? so the original elements going into the new universe would be heavy 1s? (im really just speculating here, and goin off the top of my head) ... and didnt our universe START with only hydrogen and some helium... so that almost wouldnt make sense that they would be the 1st elements...maybe i just killed my idea? Or maybe they could break down the heavy elements as they transfer through, but then there would be crazy radiation in the start of the new universe...or maybe not.... who knows, just typing as i think....