Chromatograms

Orbital

Hi all, does anybody know if there is a good site on the internet that can provide me with information regarding the analysis of paper chromatograms? I have taken some samples during a lab class and now have to do a small assignment based on them. I'm not really sure on how to analyze them properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

You could try the entry in Wikipedia for paper chromatography:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_chromatography

It's short but has links to other chromatography entries. Thin-layer chromatography is very similar to paper and there's a fuller entry for that which gives more details on analysis.

A lot of teachers/ tutors etc... don't approve of Wikipedia because it can be edited by anyone so all information may not be accurate. However, if you use your own judgement and be aware that it isn't the same as a textbook then Wikipedia can be a really usefult site. Especially for pointing you in the right direction as opposed to giving you definitive answers.

I hope this helps and good luyck with your assignment!

Gem