Sucked or Blown appart?

YT2095

putting the universe into terms of a model, consider this;

a grenade (the big bang) is suspended on a wire 100 feet in the air and allowed to explode, the schrapnel will fly in all directions like a huge expanding sphere, each peice of metal and explosive spinning in its own direction giving of peices of hot matter in little spirals (a bit like gallaxies) untill eventualy the friction the air causes slows the schrapnel down untill it stops.

you`ll get a sphere about 100 foot diameter before the parts loose all momentum.

now do the exact same in a 100% perfect Vacuum! (the stuff outside the Universe)

you`ll need more than 100 feet of space :)

in fact it will continue onwards and outwards forever as there`s nothing to slow it down, and as the peices get further and further appart from each other the very tiny (but existing) gravitational pull fron each peice of metal becomes weaker and so eventualy it`s velocity will level off to a constant speed?

but there`s a problem there? because the universe is accelerating appart, not leveling off to a constant speed, the model can`t fit then!

well it can when you consider the grenade in slow motion, each particle will still have unreacted explosive attatched, gravity is already at a bare minimum, and this explosive continues reacting on the schrapnels surface, it gives the schrapnel added velocity and so it accelerates.

any thoughts? :)

Guest ZeroFenix

Well, not that I've really sided with steady-state theories about our Universe. But I've always liked the idea that the increasing acceleration of the Universe could be attributed to the particle/antiparticle appearances which just for a pico second or so increases the average density of the Universe, therefore the barrier stretches out to compensate. With this compensation the Universe get's bigger, and with bigger space comes more particle/antiparticle appearances, thus more need to balance by expanding out faster and faster.

But this of course wouldn't explain how the process began, becuase it would assume that the universe existed forever and kept maintaining itself rather that growing into it's current state. Who knows, it sounds good though :)

well fact is, no one really knows what`s "outside" the Universe, a Null to me would work as a good as any vacuum I can imagine, hence the 100% statement I made, whereas I`m fairly certain that a 100% vacuun can exist within known space or the "universe"

Null to me represent the ideal vacuum, hence the idea of maybe being "sucked appart" in my hypothesis :)

if the idea of "Null" means that it contains no matter or particles (quantum or otherwise) we`re on the same track :)

and so I`de state that a "Null" or 100% vacumm as I put it, would have Zero resistive force against a projectile and its momentum when entering this void would remain a constant unless the projectile was powered, in which case it would continue to gain velocity untill all "fuels" were exhasted :)