please participate in my experiment

vacognition

It's not really homework, since this is what I do for a living, but if you are willing to spend 5 minutes, please visit my online visual cognition laboratory:

http://vacognition.wjh.harvard.edu/participate.html

I put up new experiments fairly regularly, so if you feel like being particularly helpful -- or if you just find it interesting -- you can bookmark the page or join the mailing list. I have a Google Groups mailing list I use *ONLY* to announce new experiments or results from old experiments. You won't get spammed, I promise.

Thank you all very much,

Joshua Hartshorne

Visual Cognition Laboratory

Harvard University

I gave it a go. I got a bit confused on the instructions for the first part, and during the second one I had to struggle a bit towards the 60% mark of the 40to keep my focus on it. The bird looking images sort of reminded me of chess pieces also. Have you tried such with just more basic shapes, such as triangles or circles?

Thank you for participating. If you could say what part of the instructions you found difficult to understand, that would be very helpful. Please email vacognition _at_ gmail _dot_ com.

I was just expecting initially for there to be a much larger variance of shapes to compare is all, when it keep repeating similar shapes I got confused briefly in relation to the instructions, though that could just be my error of course.