I am a beginner

little guy

um, I am new to all this fancy sciency stuff, but I am very eager to learn. So anyway, I have been doing some research and there are some terms i just don't get so, This is going to be my official what the "heck does this word mean?" post so I will post new words regularly.

what do(es) the following word(s) mean?:

bond axis-???

okay imagine you have a molecule of hydrogen. A very simple molecule consisting of 2 hydrogen atoms next to each other with one single bond between them. the bond axis is an imaginary line that runs through both atoms and along the bond.

thats pretty much it. it can be applied to any bond(even double and triple ones) in any molecule nomatter it size. if you still have questions just ask way.

so

H=H (this is the bond) I realize it's a single bond but those 2 dashes represent the two electrons betwwen the two. so the bond axis would run right throuh those two electrons and through the nuclei?

Exactly.