Crypto-like puzzle

IAG

I need help solving this

Quest3.jpg

The numbers "$6465776579" look like ASCII except the 64. (Pun on Ass-key)

I'm not sure what the $ indicates (string in QBASIC) but I think a change of base is invloved somewhere.

Please help!

The number 6465776579 consists of

All in the 5-9 range, heavy on 6 and 7. Put your hand over the keyboard, most likely the numpad. You'll notice the fingers hanging over 7, 8, 9, thumb over 4 and 5.

He hit the numpad three-four times, typing three 6, three 7, twice the 5 and once 4 and an additional odd nine. Or a wiggle motion, explaining the interleaving of numbers and the crescendo <low to high>.

IMO, it's a number. No code.

As for the hacking, none of the people I know that can hack into a machine l33t wr173. I doubt there's a hex code in there.

Edit: P.S. You lose squat if you reinstall. You lose if you format. Also, Who's planning on a reinstall? Clean out the script kiddie and fix it.

Also, a message for the owner/author of the article in the screenshot and whoever agrees with him/her. Antivirus products are designed to remove known viruses and try and rush to the help if one is detected but has not deleted data yet. They can't make decisions in your place. They don't know what to do any more than you do. They can't help it if you download and run.

Even the best products and patches are useless if incompetently configured. Security is a sum of the firewalls/tools/AV and the competence of the user. It can't go over 100%, but it can go under.