A wierd question

aommaster

Ok. I don't want anyone beating me up for this. But here something that i was thinking about.

How know when u have cotton clothes. Lets say red in colour. Why is it when water is dropped onto it, it goes darker. Any colour in this case. Even though water is transparent. I have an idea, but I'm not giving it out. Just so that i don't influence any other ideas!!!

Thanx

because the material becomes denser and has no air to diffuse the light being reflected off it.

much in the same way as when you get a dark grey peice of slate and scratch it with something sharp, the powder that forms will be a very light grey, almost white. that`s the same principal in reverse :)

No. I actually thought that water was not completely transparent. And the fact that it DID have colour meant that it was translucent. This added to the colour of the clothes, changing the amount of light that passed through the clothes, making it darker

Lol

porbably the same. is it?