Bases of number systems.

I'm curious about something, whenever we count in a certain base we have to be able to count upto that number, example in base ten we count from 1 to 9 then proceed to one zero, or 10. same as binary. now in that respect I can see why counting in base e or base infinite would be useless but what if we counted in powers of infinite? now i realise that this is impossible unless it is infinite to the power infinite and so forth. now this may be just a mathematical side thought but i was just curious if iwas staying in the realms of mathematical rule.

I'm scratching my head now....but how would you start counting in base e? I thought the number e was just one number (the square root of -1).

e?, you're thinking i, e is the limit of an exponential function, it's like 2.7182.. or something. counting in a base infinite system would be possible, it would simply get rather messy; to have an infinite number of different digits would require infinite area to express even one digit distinguishable from another.

a base 1 system is essentially a simplified tally, a base two is binary and so on. with a base infinite, each expressable number would only have one digit. a decimal in a base infinite system would be an infiniteth, ie, 0.

come to think of it, is base infinite the equivalent of analogue?

come to think of it, is base infinite the equivalent of analogue?

I don't think you can compare them. You are talking about analogue signals, right? As in the waveform of the signal is what is read? I dont think that its a number system, so it can't really be compared to base infinity.